Vice President of Cancer Biology & Immunology
Our vision is to create a “curative path to end patients’ sufferings afflicted by many diseases” with a mission to discover and develop innovative medicines for hard-to-treat chronic diseases. Nirogy Therapeutics is a well-funded biotech based in Natick, MA, developing small molecule therapeutics with special focus on cancer metabolism and immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, and inflammation therapeutic areas.
Nirogy Therapeutics is seeking a Vice President of Cancer Biology and Immunology to provide scientific leadership and help progress breakthrough assets from discovery to the clinic. Ideally, the candidate should have significant experience and accomplishments in both academia and in industry and is an expert in the areas of oncology and immunology. The person must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with highly developed leadership and team-building skills. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned executive with an outstanding record of accomplishment in immune-oncology research and all aspects of drug discovery. A thorough understanding of the requirements and processes needed in drug development, in particular in small molecule drugs from target identification to IND-enabling studies is essential. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing and growing the Nirogy research organization into a highly competitive and innovative organization.
- Provide scientific vision and leadership to advance Nirogy’s research platform and future product portfolio. Deliver high quality lead candidates for clinical development.
- Lead and grow the research organization to execute the discovery and development of new therapeutic drug candidates.
- Provide strategic input for the company mid- and long-term goals.
- Partnering with senior management and the company’s
- Executive Team to help establish company’s strategic Discovery Research roadmap and to provide exemplary scientific input into company’s research and development programs.
- Provide other members of the senior management team with continuous scientific input in the areas of business development, clinical development and commercialization, regulatory matters, manufacturing, funding processes and initiatives.
Very close collaboration and partnership with the Clinical and Development Sciences functions to drive pre-clinical and clinical strategic objectives and pipeline.
- Recruit, motivate, retain, and develop a world class, highly innovative immuno-oncology research organization.
- Establish a culture that promotes creativity, open communication, collaboration, collegiality, and a high sense of urgency. Maintain the highest standards of scientific rigor.
- Actively engage and maintain exceptional relationships with key opinion scientific leaders and advisors
- Become the scientific expert on the therapeutic areas of interest, including work by competitors and research developments in relevant technology through broad and active engagement and leadership in the scientific community.
- Actively lead and support the establishment and execution of external alliances with industry partners, with relevant non-profit organizations, and with academic groups to enhance and expedite the development of the company’s discovery programs and platform.
- Represent Nirogy and its portfolio both internally and externally to scientific, regulatory, and business communities, including key opinion leaders, academics, clinicians, nonprofit groups, regulatory authorities, potential partners, and potential investors.
- Ph.D. in biology related areas
- Expert scientific knowledge and experience in the areas of oncology and immunology is required
- Scientific excellence with >15 years in research and development preferably in pharma and biotechnology companies
- Strong leadership and prior management experience leading a team of senior Scientists within discovery organization
- Significant familiarity with validation of drug targets and the exploratory drug development process
- Proven biopharmaceutical industry experience developing and leading innovative therapeutic programs and advancing complex technologies
- Significant experience in working with CROs
- Extensive experience in advancing small molecule drugs from discovery to IND
- Strong publication record in peer reviewed journals across therapeutic areas and patent record
- Experience navigating intellectual property / patents
- Overall business understanding including experience working with Business Development and licensing contracts
- Creative, collaborative, proactive and confident individual with proven leadership performance
- Strategic thinker with a vision for defining the end-goal and the ability to adapt the goals based on changed circumstances and business objectives
- Proactive, forward-thinking and a team player with leadership skills to achieve successful outcomes in collaboration with internal team and external collaborators within the budget and in a timely manner
A Competitive Package
At Nirogy, we are pioneering innovative and untapped scientific technologies to make patients’ lives better. We endeavor to provide a highly competitive benefit package that includes:
- Competitive compensation based on experience, including participating stock options
- Employees at Nirogy will be eligible to earn a performance-based bonus
- We offer a great competitive Total Rewards package which includes 401(k), health, dental, and vision as well as other great competitive benefits
How to Apply:
Please fill out the job form below, provide a CV/resume, and select the position of interest.
Nirogy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.