Senior Scientist: Immunology
Nirogy Therapeutics is currently seeking a Principal Scientist to lead one of our research teams. Nirogy Therapeutics is a well-funded biotech based in Framingham, MA, developing small molecule therapeutics with special focus on cancer metabolism, immuno-oncology, and autoimmunity. We are looking for highly motivated and creative candidate, who is enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced biotech environment. The candidate will efficiently lead strategic and operational aspects of projects, ensuring progression of multiple parallel projects, leading cross-functional teams and acting as a thought leader and resource in Oncology across the organization.
Responsible for initiating, designing, and executing experiments that support projects relevant to autoimmunity and oncology. Program leadership in autoimmunity. Perform various in vitro and ex-vivo assays utilizing cellular, molecular, and translational biology techniques. Effectively communicate results and conclusions to cross-functional project teams.
- Develop robust and reproducible in vitro immunological assays
- Generate, analyze, and interpret research data and oversee proper documentation of scientific finding
- Transfer the developed assays to other staff members
- Mentor junior scientists to design and execute experiments, validate novel targets, and understand their mechanism of actions
- Present data at internal and external meetings
- Program leadership and cross functional collaboration
- Propose and develop innovative approaches to solve scientific issues and various technical challenges in programs in a timely manner
- Stay current with literature and understand complex immunological concepts
- Doctorate degree and postdoctoral training in the areas of immunology, inflammation, and autoimmune diseases are required
- Two to 3 years of industrial experience is a plus
- Experience with flow cytometry is a must. Should be capable of designing flow panels and analyzing flow data for mouse/human T/Myeloid cells
- An excellent working knowledge and direct experience of a breadth of immunological assays like human/mouse T/PBMC cell isolation, CFSE-based T cell proliferation, intra-cellular cytokine detection, Luminex assays, ELISAs are required.
- Proficient in the use of multiple techniques include, protein detection systems (Western blot, qRT-PCR, phenotypic read-outs), gene knockdown approaches, cell assay development, and informatics among others are desirable.
- Broad hands-on experience in molecular and cellular biology technologies and their application to drug discovery research
- Familiar with the techniques to characterize the properties of the small molecules in model systems (in vitro/in vivo)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Broad technical knowledge across multiple disciplines and the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently in a timely manner
- Experimental design experience and leading research project
- Written and oral presentation skills
- Observational, analytical, and management abilities
A Competitive Package
At Nirogy, we are pioneering innovative and untapped scientific technologies to make patients’ lives better. We endeavor to provide a highly competitive benefit package that includes:
- Competitive compensation, including participating stock options
- Health insurance; medical and dental
- 401(k), paid vacation, etc.
How to Apply:
Please fill out the job form below, provide a CV/resume, and select the position of interest.
Nirogy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.