Senior Scientist: Drug Discovery Biology
Nirogy Therapeutics is a well-funded biotech based in Framingham, MA, developing small molecule therapeutics with special focus on cancer metabolism and immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, and inflammation therapeutic areas. We are looking for highly motivated and creative scientists, who are enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced biotech environment, for multiple positions.
Responsible for designing, developing and conducting biological assays for target identification and validation, biomarker development, mechanism studies, including various in ex-vivo and in vivo assays. Screening of small molecules in various assays as part of drug discovery effort. Effectively communicate results, conclusions, and solutions for next-steps to cross-functional project teams.
- Independently apply diverse biological scientific principles to address critical experimental to help advance the research projects
- Propose biology experimental path and work closely with Project Team and senior management for prioritization of the research activities
- Become an expert with in-depth knowledge of scientific literature and the competitive landscape of the project
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences with 3 or more years of experience in drug discovery in key oncology research areas such as, cancer biology, tumor metabolism, immunotherapy, epigenetics and protein homeostasis
- Experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry-setting is a plus
- Familiarity with oncology targets and pathways along with the ability to identify, evaluate, and propose new drug discovery opportunities
- Experience in various aspects of early drug discovery processes such as, cell-based and biochemical assay development, the study of drug/target mechanism of action, and assessment of drug candidates in in vitro and in vivo model systems
- Proficient in the use of multiple techniques required for the analysis of the biology of the target (cell growth, protein detection systems, gene knockdown, assay development, and informatics among other)
- Broad technical knowledge across multiple disciplines and the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently in a timely manner
- Review of scientific literature, and preparation of technical input and scientific rationale for project advancement
- Skills to embrace and adapt to changing project priorities when required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
A Competitive Package
At Nirogy, we are pioneering innovative and untapped scientific technologies to make patients’ lives better. We endeavor to provide a highly competitive benefit package that includes;
- Competitive compensation based on experience, including participating stock options
- Health insurance; medical and dental
- 401(k), paid vacation, etc.
How to Apply:
Please fill out the job form below, provide a CV/resume, and select the position of interest.
Nirogy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.