Senior Research Associates of Biology
Our vision is to create a “curative path to end patients’ sufferings afflicted by many diseases” with a mission to discover and develop innovative medicines for hard-to-treat chronic diseases. Nirogy Therapeutics is a well-funded biotech based in Natick, MA, developing small molecule therapeutics with special focus on cancer metabolism and immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, and inflammation therapeutic areas.
Responsible for initiating, designing, and executing experiments that support projects relevant to cancer immunotherapy and immunology. Ability to perform various in vitro and ex-vivo assays utilizing cellular, molecular, and translational biology techniques. Effectively communicate results and conclusions to cross-functional project teams.
- Responsible for carrying out in vitro cytotoxicity and other functional assays for screening compounds
- Develop and conduct in vitro cellular and biochemical assays to understand target mechanisms
- Propose and develop innovative approaches to solve scientific issues and various technical challenges
- Generate, analyze, and present data at drug discovery team meetings
- MS with 2-5 years or BS with >8 years industry experience in cancer biology or immunology as applied to drug discovery and development
- Broad hands-on experience in molecular and cellular biology technologies and their application to drug discovery research
- Knowledgeable about biological experiments for discovering and developing small molecules as cancer or autoimmune therapeutics
- Experience in the various aspects of early drug discovery processes such as, cell-based and biochemical assay development, the study of drug/target mechanism of action
- Proficient in the use of multiple techniques required for the analysis of the biology of the target and the drug candidate. These techniques include, multiple types of cell growth, protein detection systems (Western blot, qPCR, ELISA-based assay, phenotypic read-outs), gene knockdown approaches, cell assay development, flow cytometry, and informatics among others
- Familiar with the techniques to characterize the properties of the small molecules in model systems (in vitro/in vivo)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Broad technical knowledge across multiple disciplines and the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently in a timely manner
- Experience in tumor metabolism, immunometabolism, and related experiments, running Seahorse techniques is a plus
- Experience in immunology and related experiments using immune cells is a plus
A Competitive Package
At Nirogy, we are pioneering innovative and untapped scientific technologies to make patients’ lives better. We endeavor to provide a highly competitive benefit package that includes:
- Competitive compensation based on experience, including participating stock options
- Employees at Nirogy will be eligible to earn a performance-based bonus
- We offer a great competitive Total Rewards package which includes 401(k), health, dental, and vision as well as other great competitive benefits
How to Apply:
Please fill out the job form below, provide a CV/resume, and select the position of interest.
Nirogy Therapeutics, Inc. is firmly committed to providing Equal Opportunity Employment.