Research Associate, Drug Discovery Biology
Nirogy Therapeutics is currently seeking a Principal Scientist to lead one of our research teams. Nirogy Therapeutics is a well-funded biotech based in Framingham, MA, developing small molecule therapeutics with special focus on cancer metabolism, immuno-oncology, and autoimmunity. We are looking for highly motivated and creative candidate, who is enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced biotech environment. The candidate will efficiently lead strategic and operational aspects of projects, ensuring progression of multiple parallel projects, leading cross-functional teams and acting as a thought leader and resource in Oncology across the organization.
Responsible for initiating, designing, and executing experiments that support projects relevant to cancer immunotherapy and immunology. Ability to perform various in vitro and ex-vivo assays utilizing cellular, molecular, and translational biology techniques. Effectively communicate results and conclusions to cross-functional project teams.
- Responsible for carrying out in vitro cytotoxicity and other functional assays for screening compounds
- Develop and conduct in vitro cellular and biochemical assays to understand target mechanisms
- Propose and develop innovative approaches to solve scientific issues and various technical challenges
- Generate, analyze, and present data at drug discovery team meetings
- MS with 2-5 years industry experience in cancer biology as applied to drug discovery and development
- Broad hands-on experience in molecular and cellular biology technologies and their application to drug discovery research
- Knowledgeable about biological experiments for discovering and developing small molecules as cancer therapeutics
- Experience in the various aspects of early drug discovery processes such as, cell-based and biochemical assay development, the study of drug/target mechanism of action
- Proficient in the use of multiple techniques required for the analysis of the biology of the target and the drug candidate. These techniques include, multiple types of cell growth, protein detection systems (Western blot, qPCR, ELISA-based assay, phenotypic read-outs), gene knockdown approaches, cell assay development, flow cytometry, and informatics among others
- Familiar with the techniques to characterize the properties of the small molecules in model systems (in vitro/in vivo)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Broad technical knowledge across multiple disciplines and the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently in a timely manner
- Experience in immunology and related experiments using immune cells is a plus
A Competitive Package
At Nirogy, we are pioneering innovative and untapped scientific technologies to make patient’s lives better. We endeavor to provide a highly competitive benefit package that include:
- Competitive compensation, including participating stock options
- Health insurance; medical and dental
- 401(k), paid vacation, etc.
How to Apply:
Please fill out the job form below, provide a CV/resume, and select the position of interest.
Nirogy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.