Post Doc in Drug Discovery Biology (Scientist I)
Nirogy Therapeutics is a biotech company based in Natick, MA, developing small molecule therapeutics in cancer with special focus on immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, and inflammation therapeutic areas. We are looking for highly motivated and creative scientists, who are enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced startup biotech environment, for multiple positions. We are looking for Ph.D. scientists interested in training in Drug Discovery Biology.
The candidate will form part of a drug discovery team and will conduct experiments to validate therapeutics targets, understand their mechanism of action and characterized the effect of small molecule inhibitors on different disease models. Also, defining therapeutic hypothesis for clinical development.
The candidate needs to have an understanding of modern technologies and their application to solve biology in the areas of immunology or oncology.
The candidate will be trained in:
- the formulation and evaluation of mechanistic hypothesis to demonstrate the mechanism of action of the target and the intended small molecule drug in the oncology area.
- in the various aspects of lead discovery, including cell-based and biochemical assay development, lead optimization biology.
- gain experience operating within multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams through the pre-clinical stage.
- Ph.D. in Molecular, Cellular Biology or Immunology.
- Experience in key oncology research areas such as, cell biology, tumor metabolism and immunology are preferred.
- Familiarity with oncology targets and pathways, with the ability to identify, evaluate, and propose new drug discovery opportunities
- Laboratory experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, enzymology, cell screening methods and cell biology is preferred. Need to be familiar on different aspect of biology discovery such as, assay development, target validation, dissection of signaling pathways, biomarker discovery.
- Proficient in the use of multiple techniques required for the analysis of the biology of the target (cell growth, protein detection systems, assay development, and informatics among other).
- Ability to manage with minimal supervision the technical and strategic needs of projects, and to concisely analyze data and communicate results and recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external colleagues.
- Reviews scientific literature and prepares information and provide technical input and scientific rational for project advancement.
- Other important qualifications include a commitment to scientific excellence, an appreciation for the balance between technology platform execution and development, and the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Apply biology diverse scientific principle to address critical experimental solutions to help the advancement of research projects
- Design and execute complex tasks in the context of Project Team.
- Proposed biology experimental path and work closely with Project Leader and management for prioritization of the research activities
- Become the biology expert on the field of work. In depth knowledge of scientific literature and the competitive landscape of the project
- Provide scientific perspectives regarding experimental approach and science of the project.
How to Apply:
Please fill out the job form below, provide a CV/resume, and position of interest.
Nirogy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.