Director of Pharmacology and Translational Research
Our vision is to create a “curative path to end patients’ sufferings afflicted by many diseases” with a mission to discover and develop innovative medicines for hard-to-treat chronic diseases. Nirogy Therapeutics is a well-funded biotech based in Natick, MA, developing small molecule therapeutics with special focus on cancer metabolism and immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, and inflammation therapeutic areas.
Nirogy Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and experienced leader for Director of Pharmacology and Translational Research. This position is responsible for leading our translational research efforts for small molecule drug discovery programs. Our team is growing rapidly and to help us with this growth, we are seeking an exceptional candidate, an indispensable role that will advance our lead programs on cancer metabolism and immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, and inflammation areas.
- Lead the translational biology efforts of early drug discovery projects from target identification, assay and biomarker development, mechanism studies, in vivo models, and development of translational strategies through IND submissions and clinical testing
- Champion the growth of a talented and aspirational team of scientists
Oversee external and internal pharmacological activities focused on establishing right assays and methods for screening candidates and establishing mechanism of actions (MOAs)
- Work as a strong team player with the ability to partner effectively with team members, cross-functional teams, and senior management to build highly effective drug discovery programs
- Manage collaborations with external academic, biotech, and contract research organizations to advance projects
- Define research strategies to effectively advance discovery projects through Go/No-Go decision points to IND
- Keep up to date with the literature related to cancer research, immune oncology, immuno-metabolism and anti-cancer drug discovery
- Collaborate, recommend and act on clear decisions in a fast-paced drug discovery environment
- Inspire, direct, and manage internal/external scientific research teams, and move activities across multiple drug discovery programs forward in a timely manner, promoting a culture of integrity and scientific excellence
- Publish research in peer-reviewed journals and present work at scientific conferences
- Play a central role in formation of the Company’s overall scientific strategy and in interactions with Scientific and Clinical Advisers
- Contribute to key decisions impacting the future of the company in developing and advancing corporate mission and strategic direction
- Ph.D. with >8 years’ experience in industry covering translational biology related field especially in tumor metabolism, cancer immunotherapy, immunology as applied to drug discovery and development
- Experience with IND-submission process and creating regulatory documents
Well-versed with biomarker development, pharmacodynamic evaluation of drugs, and patient selection strategies
- Experience in various aspects of early drug discovery processes such as, cell-based and biochemical assay development, the study of drug/target mechanism of action
- Familiarity with the techniques to study PK/PD and MOA of the small molecules in rodent model systems; including xenograft, syngeneic, PDX, GEMM
- Broad knowledge on drug combination studies as applied to cancer immunotherapy
- Broad technical knowledge across multiple disciplines and the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently in a timely manner
- Strong scientific publication records and /innovative achievements (patents)
- Skills to embrace and adapt to changing project priorities when required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
A Competitive Package
At Nirogy, we are pioneering innovative and untapped scientific technologies to make patients’ lives better. We endeavor to provide a highly competitive benefit package that includes:
- Competitive compensation based on experience, including participating stock options
- Employees at Nirogy will be eligible to earn a performance-based bonus
- We offer a great competitive Total Rewards package which includes 401(k), health, dental, and vision as well as other great competitive benefits
How to Apply:
Please fill out the job form below, provide a CV/resume, and position of interest.
Nirogy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.