Associate/Director of Medicinal Chemistry
Our vision is to create a “curative path to end patients’ sufferings afflicted by many diseases” with a mission to discover and develop innovative medicines for hard-to-treat chronic diseases. Nirogy Therapeutics is a well-funded biotech based in Natick, MA, developing small molecule therapeutics with special focus on cancer metabolism and immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, and inflammation therapeutic areas.
Nirogy Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and experienced leader for Associate/Director of Medicinal Chemistry. This position is responsible for designing, implementing and executing our medicinal chemistry strategies for early small molecule drug discovery programs. Our team is growing rapidly and to help us with this growth, we are seeking an exceptional candidate as Associate/Director of Medicinal Chemistry, an indispensable role that will advance our lead programs on cancer metabolism and immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, and inflammation areas.
- Lead multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams in a fast-paced, results-driven biotech environment
- Design, implement and execute medicinal chemistry strategies
- Establish partnering strategies to leverage external knowledge and capabilities.
- Manage external medicinal chemistry efforts at CROs
- Plan and execute on resource allocation to achieve project goals and drive results in multiple programs
- Collaborate effectively with the leadership team and other departments and functions to advance research programs expeditiously from discovery to clinical candidate
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, and senior management to build highly effective drug discovery programs, overseeing multiple collaborators
- Interpret, summarize, and present data at project team meetings
- Inspire, direct, and manage internal/external scientific research teams, and move activities across multiple drug discovery programs forward in a timely manner, promoting a culture of integrity and scientific excellence
- Ph.D. in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry
8+ years of drug discovery experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, with a strong track record of scientific innovation and success in delivering pre-clinical development candidates
- Strong knowledge of structure-based drug design strategies
- Broad background in all aspects of drug discovery; lead design, lead optimization, working knowledge of ADME/PK, target coverage, pharmacology, physicochemical property-driven optimization and computational chemistry
- An effective leader of multidisciplinary drug discovery teams with experience in hit identification to development candidate and beyond
- Significant experience in leading medicinal chemistry CRO activities
- A leader with strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and managerial expertise who motivates and inspires others to achieve corporate scientific objectives
- Skills to embrace and adapt to changing project priorities when required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Experience with CMC/early development is a plus
- Experience in IND submissions is a plus
A Competitive Package
At Nirogy, we are pioneering innovative and untapped scientific technologies to make patients’ lives better. We endeavor to provide a highly competitive benefit package that includes:
- Competitive compensation based on experience, including participating stock options
- Employees at Nirogy will be eligible to earn a performance-based bonus
- We offer a great competitive Total Rewards package which includes 401(k), health, dental, and vision as well as other great competitive benefits
How to Apply:
Please fill out the job form below, provide a CV/resume, and position of interest.
Nirogy Therapeutics, Inc. is firmly committed to providing Equal Opportunity Employment.