Senior Research Associate, Drug Discovery Biology
Nirogy Therapeutics is a biotech company based in Natick, MA, developing small molecule therapeutics in cancer with special focus on immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, and inflammation therapeutic areas. We are looking for highly motivated and creative scientists, who are enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced startup biotech environment, for multiple positions.
Responsible for initiating, designing, and executing experiments that support projects relevant to cancer immunotherapy and immunology. Ability to perform various in vitro and ex-vivo assays utilizing cellular, molecular, and translational biology techniques. Effectively communicate results and conclusions to cross-functional project teams.
- Responsible for carrying out in vitro cytotoxicity and other functional assays for screening compounds
- Develop and conduct in vitro cellular and biochemical assays to understand target mechanisms
- Propose and develop innovative approaches to solve scientific issues and various technical challenges
Generate, analyze, and present data at drug discovery team meetings
- MS with 2-5 years industry experience in cancer biology as applied to drug discovery and development
- Broad hands-on experience in molecular and cellular biology technologies and their application to drug discovery research
- Knowledgeable about biological experiments for discovering and developing small molecules as cancer therapeutics
- Experience in the various aspects of early drug discovery processes such as, cell-based and biochemical assay development, the study of drug/target mechanism of action
- Proficient in the use of multiple techniques required for the analysis of the biology of the target and the drug candidate. These techniques include, multiple types of cell growth, protein detection systems (Western blot, qPCR, ELISA-based assay, phenotypic read-outs), gene knockdown approaches, cell assay development, flow cytometry, and informatics among others
- Familiar with the techniques to characterize the properties of the small molecules in model systems (in vitro/in vivo)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Broad technical knowledge across multiple disciplines and the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently in a timely manner
- Experience in tumor metabolism, immunometabolism, and related experiments, including Seahorse techniques is a plus
- Experience in immunology and related experiments using immune cells is a plus
A Competitive Package
At Nirogy, we are pioneering innovative and untapped scientific technologies to make patient’s lives better. We endeavor to provide a highly competitive benefit package that includes;
- Competitive compensation, including participating stock options
- Health insurance; medical and dental
- 401(k), paid vacation, etc.
How to Apply:
Please fill out the job form below, provide a CV/resume, and position of interest.
Nirogy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.